The 2014 Virginia Oral Health Summit “Caring for the Whole Person: Oral Health in Patient-Centered Care” will explore how medical and dental providers can work together to deliver comprehensive health care for their patients. This event is appropriate for medical and dental providers, safety net providers, public health providers, academics, policy makers, health administrators and anyone interested in oral health and comprehensive health care. CE credits provided for dentists; CME application for physicians/PAs and CE application for nurses pending approval.
Key Learning Objectives:
1. Discuss the integral relationship between oral health and overall health and the rationale for providing comprehensive, patient-centered health care.
2. Identify pathways to integrate oral health services into primary care settings.
3. Review the Affordable Care Act and its impact on dental coverage for the uninsured.
4. Discuss patient engagement as a critical component of improving health outcomes.
5. Review risk-based prevention and management methods for early childhood dental disease.
Click here for complete details on the program and to register.
For more information contact: Samantha Dorr, 804.269.8722 or firstname.lastname@example.org